Saturday, September 10, 2016

Bicycle commuting: Bag-and-rack essential

Trunk bag secured to rear bike rack. A portion of the bike's rear tire is visible beneath. A folded paper is tucked inside the trunk bag's mesh side pocket and a rolled up hat is tucked into a mesh pocket and bungee cords on the top of the bag. In the upper left, the image includes a portion of a bike rack and the frame of a second bike and helmet.

As a full-time bike commuter, I completely rely on a bag-and-rack system to give me transport capacity. The Topeak Super Tourist DX rear rack and MTX trunk bag provide essential components of my daily rides.

The bag’s main compartment is just the right size to pack my lunch for the day, and since I work in a library, I often pack a few hardcover or trade paperback books. A local bus schedule conveniently tucks into a mesh side compartment, and I secure whatever hat I am wearing for the day (since when riding I am wearing a helmet) with the elastic bungees and mesh pocket at the top of the bag.

The rack is compatible with a variety of panniers via its attachment points, and when needed, I expand my travel capacity with a Green Guru “Dutchy” that has been constructed from recycled billboards and banners.

No comments:

Post a Comment